The title ‘My Views on FDI’ is the most common statement made by everyone who may or may not exactly know what the reforms related to FDI are all about. Having said that, this article will also not discuss about its effect on fiscal deficit or growth or on the elections & Congress. It is only about my observations about the intelligent lot of people comprising Software Engineers, Graduate Trainees, Students (MBA, Engineers etc..) etc who are discussing about this subject.
The following are the different categories of experts in our society:-
1. I saw the tweet ‘Too late, Too little’. For instance, I thought that it was an awesome summary in nutshell. Then I realized that these were the exact words said by Mr. Rajdeep Sardesai to Mr. Ajit Ranade 2 mins back on the News Channel that I was watching. So the first lot of people are the one who watch the news & flood their tweets, facebook page with their views! Smart Indeed right? The same people will also read about it the next day & write expert blogs on the subject.
2. The BJP supporters. or rather the blind BJP supporters. Whatever happens, they will connect it to how the Congress has been looting India. Then they will criticise saying the poor people will lose the jobs because of this FDI. Now there are few sub categories in this group: a) the people who support NaMo & hates Mamta Banerjee b) the people who dont know what Mamta has done but still hates her because they cant relate their hatred to Arindham Chowdhary or Chetan Bhagat in this case c) the people who wholeheartedly support NaMo & BJP.
3. The people who relates this to Inflation without any knowledge. Then suddenly they divert the topic to Diesel price hike & Coal Scam where they have gathered lot of knowledge by Internet surfing through the comments posted by their counterparts sitting in some other corner of the world. Such people do take help of the words which are not familiar to the common man. And mostly these people are the students who have gone abroad for their MBA/MS, or the working class people who are earning abroad to pay back their fees of MBA/MS, or the unemployed Indians struggling abroad who are sitting in the apartment doing nothing but surfing. They all consider them as true patriots!
4. The people who relates this to Mr. Vijay Mallya’s strategic step to save his Airlines. Then they dig out the historical stuff like how Cabinet ministers of Nehru’s times were selected & how Nehru+Gandhi has fooled the entire country for many decades.
5. And now the last but the very important category where majority of the people are falling is the ‘Dumper’ Category. The people who don’t know what is happening but they just comment to be socially fit in the above mentioned categories
World is full of different, interesting & foolish people. Let me know if you come across any other Category!!