My Short Review:-
This book is ‘Goodreads Choice 2015 Winner’
I found this book very annoying. Owen’s character is well developed (with the concept of confession artist), but completely wasted. Auburn is average. There is lack of chemistry between the two. Loved the artwork (Owen’s paintings)
A glimpse into the book:-
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.
For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.
The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin – (From Goodreads)
Bollywood Casting Ouch:-
Yami Gautam as Auburn Reed
- She would definitely be available.
- Link up with Ranveer Singh would give a boost to the promotion of the film.
- She is obsessed with fairness & colours.
Ranveer Singh as Owen Gentry
- He as experience in playing an artist in ‘Lootera’. The last leaf got this for him.
- Assuming if the movie is released in 2018, that would be the perfect timing for the rumours of break up with Deepika Padukone
Boman Irani as Owen’s Father
- I was considering ‘Padma Shree’ Anupam Kher first (assuming he would be cheap). He made the following demands when I approached him:-
- Showcase the works of ‘Modi’, as the film would be releasing in 2018, just before the Elections
- Owen’s paintings should be on Indian culture with no freedom of expression. Confessions would be censored.
- Auburn’s character should be a Kashmiri Pandit.
- Boman Irani laughed hysterically when he came to know about the reason why Anupam Kher was not considered. He is doing the film for free.
Shahid Kapoor as Adam (Special Appearance)
- I want to see him dead in more films. Fair enough ?
Director: Vikramaditya Motwane
- This film has no story, and only he can make it interesting
- It would be easy to get Ranveer on board